Eight teams of quiz-goers at the Phoenix 51 by Drinks & Co. wine bar have attended the second edition of Hua Hin’s newest and classiest quiz night – ‘Phoenix 51 Questions’.
They were pitting their knowledge against Quiz Master David who presented five rounds of 51 challenging questions (51 possible points) with a very international flavour and many sound bites to entertain.
Host John Laroche along with Project Manager Khun Nook, are planning Phoenix 51 Questions to become a regular feature of the Hua Hin entertainment scene. This is not just as an ordinary pub quiz, but as a classy fun night out with a twist.
Hua Hin’s new ‘champion quiz team’ was won by ‘Event Hub’, avenging their loss by one point at the previous event, defeating X-Men by two points. ‘Event Hub’, scoring 38 points as the new mark to beat, was led by Marc Van Den Sanden, the person behind future events at the Hua Hin Airport.
Look out for an announcement for the next edition of Phoenix 51 Questions with table bookings advised to avoid disappointment, then come at 6.30 pm for a 7.00 pm start.
Below is the True/False round to consider.
- Zebras are black with white stripes
- The correct spelling of Scotch whisky is W H I S K E Y
- In a game of chess, a white piece always moves first
- An octopus has three hearts
- Hong Kong has a bigger population than Singapore
- South Africa has two capital cities
- Most national flags are rectangular, but the flag of Denmark is square.
- Hin Lek Fai is a mountain overlooking Hua Hin
- There are crocodiles living wild in Kaeng Krachan National Park
- This year, 2022, is the year 2656 according to the Thai calendar