Last month the inaugural two day Triskele Trophy Charity Golf Tournament, organised by members of the Irish community in Thailand and FORE° Management, in Hua Hin, was a big success, particularly in the prime goal raising money for charity..
The Triskele Trophy was supported by the Embassy of Ireland in Thailand, Irish-Thai Chamber of Commerce, St. Patrick’s Society of Bangkok, the Thailand GAA sports club and the Tourist Authority of Thailand.
The Triskele Trophy was set up to raise money, grow awareness & provide support for the outstanding work carried out by the Good Shepherd Sisters in Thailand.
The Triskele Trophy 2020 raised THB 210,000 which has been presented Sister Louise and the Good Shepherd Sisters.
President of the St. Patrick’s Society of Bangkok, Mr. Robert Dagger and Treasurer Mr Daragh Connolly , thank all those involved for their support, as the event would not have been held without the significant number of sponsors and supporters.
Special thanks have been offered by the organisers to the following:
- H.E. Tony Cotter, Ambassador of Ireland to Thailand and H.E. Taha Macpherson, New Zealand Ambassador to Thailand, Cambodia and Laos.
- Mr. Robert Dagger, President of the St. Patrick’s Society of Bangkok.
- Mr. Kevin Machugh and Mr. Daragh Connolly, Committee Members of the St. Patrick’s Society of Bangkok.
- Mr. John C. Murphy of Jetsetter Magazine.
- Mr. David Sheehan for his kind personal donation.
- Mr. Chris Watson and his team Richie, Kae and Alice from FORE° Management.
- Mr. David Long from Father Ted’s Irish Pub & Steakhouse, Mr. Stuart Daly, Director of Operations at Banyan Golf Club and Mr. Sam Sheriff of Take 5 Sports Bar & Surf and Sand Resort for organising & sponsoring our Beat The Pro Challenge.
- Mr. David Watson of Royal Coast Review Thailand and Mr. Richard Buckle & Ms. Leigh Higgins of Surf 102.5 for media coverage and of course to Mr. Martyn Howett who helped us at the eleventh hour to provide excellent photography over the two days.
- Mr. Eric Brown and the Midnight Ramblers for entertaining us on Friday night!
And a Special Thank You to Corporate Supporters:
Amazing Thailand, Holiday Inn Resort Vana Nava Hua Hin, Jetsetter Magazine, Royal Coast Review Thailand, Surf 102.5, Moose Cider by Siam Winery, Monsoon Valley, Bangkok Vodka, Father Teds, Surf & Sand Resort, Banyan Golf Club, Black Mountain Golf Club, Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, Avani Atrium Bangkok, Novotel Hua Hin Cha-Am, Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Singapore Airlines, Blue Boar (Sukhumvit 18 Bangkok), The Sportsman (Sukhumvit 13 Bangkok), Cue Sports Thailand, Supersports Thailand, Zafferano’94 Hua Hin, LawtonAsia Insurance Brokers, Golf Pride, Take 5 Sports & Jazz Bar Hua Hin, Irish Embassy Irish Pub Krabi, Riverfall Wines, L’Occitan Hua Hin, Pastis by L’Occitan Hua Hin, San Mig Zero, Pocari Sweat Thailand, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Scruffy Murphy’s Irish Pub (Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok), Cali-Mex Bangkok, Sanae Beach Club Hua Hin and Benihana Bangkok.
Stay tuned for upcoming announcements about The Triskele Trophy 2021!