Thawee Kesa-Ngam and Wanwimol Kesa-Ngam (Khun Nang) are passionate about art. Not only passionate about creating and displaying the art of Thailand in Hua Hin, but also exhibiting internationally. They are at the forefront of Thailand’s emerging ‘artistic culture’.
The couple has been developing Baan Sillapin since 1997 as a welcoming environment that foster’s the artistic talents of many resident and visiting artists and well as a learning centre for the young and old to commence a career or hobby. Khun Thawee has a high profile as the President of the Thailand International Watercolor Society. It’s an authentic and memorable Thailand art experience for everyone.
Baan Sillapin offers a fascinating insight into the world of Thai art by providing a complex of multiple artist’s studios, art workshops and displays of paintings, sculptures, wood carvings, jewelry and other unique artistic creations. It’s an intriguing maze where visitor are free to wander and savour.
About Baan Sillapin (Artist’s Village)
- The best of Thailand art on display to admire or to purchase (commission your own unique artwork) from 20 THB postcards to major works which can be delivered worldwide.
- Coffee shops, a lakeside restaurant and other venues to relax and contemplate.
- Workshops to inspire your own artistic talents or to admire artists at work.
- Sunday jazz sessions during colorful evenings featuring local and visiting international talent.
- Exhibitions of local and international artists.
Opening Hours: 10:00 – 17:00 (Closes Every Monday); Free Entry
Location: Take Soi 70 west from Phetakasim Road towards Hin Lek Fai and Pala-U. You’ll climb the hill then over the brow around 5 kilometres from town. It’s easy to see the entrance on the right hand side.
Tel./Fax: 032 – 534830, Mobile: 087 – 1673895
Email: [email protected]